Sunday, August 26, 2007

brains

The more I learn about educational psychology, cognition, and multiple intelligences, the more fascinated I am with it.

Right now I'm watching specials on the Science Channel, Battle of the Brains and Brainman, and they are amazing. I think it's awesome how the brain works and how different parts regulate different kinds of tasks, but if they cross-connect, they can create amazing associations. Like if your number area and your color area connect you see a certain color when you think of numbers. Or if you hear a certain sound you think of a certain color.

I'm especially intrigued by the guy who can calculate pi in his head up to 22, 500 digits. He sees each number as an image rather than just a number. And the numbers seem to come to him as if summoned rather than by mathematics or calculations. I definitely recommend watching these if you get a chance.

The mind is a baffling, wondrous space. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that stuff fascinates me too, big time. I've never heard of the color/number association...that's so cool! I'll definitely have to check out the brain show soon.

    ReplyDelete