Sunday, September 2, 2007

Robert Jarvik, inventor of the Jarvik artificial heart, is a terrifying man. I mean, he looks like Smeagol before he's completely turned into Gollum.

So last night, I went out for drinks at Mudpuppy's with Jamie and our new friend Scott who is the only English teacher on our floor. It's kind of strange that they placed him smack in the middle of the Foreign Language Department for his first year of teaching, but I think he might just have the right kind of insanity to get along well. I'm really happy with my new classroom. It's very spacious and has more storage than I need. I'm also painting murals on the walls, so I'll post pictures later this weekend when it's done.

It was nice this weekend to have local friends to call. Everyone just finished up their first week with the kids and there was a good mix of horror stories and happy stories. My kids this year seem very bright and hopefully will stay well behaved....


I can't believe I'll be 25 in less than 3 weeks. Anybody want to come visit for my birthday?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I can't wait to see pictures of the murals you're painting! And I'm so glad your school year is off to a good start :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - what's the exact date of your birthday? i thought i had it written down but i don't and it being "in less than 3 weeks" is just too vague.

    pps - i really wish i could come see you for your birthday!! drink some yuenglings for me :)

    ReplyDelete