Wednesday, July 4, 2007

we built this city on rock and roll

Even though I don't like cats, I found this strangely amusing.


So here in the land of Lynchburg where north and south are the same thing apparently (Lynchburg Expressway: Hwy 29 South and Hwy 501 North at the same time), the only place in the world where you go two directions at once, I have found some happiness. There are times when I feel like I'm out of touch with the whole world and it can be very lonely, but then I have days like today. I went to my aunt and uncle's house for the 4th of July. It was just the three of us, and my aunt cooked a fantastic dinner. Then she and I sat on the screen porch and painted while Tillie ran around in their huge fenced yard. When it got dark we sat on the front porch and watched fireworks shooting up from between the mountains. It was a really relaxing day. I realized that this year I have spent all the major holidays with them, and it's very comforting to know that they are there. They are really wonderful people.

On the way home, I checked my cell phone and I had a text message from Amanda. She's coming down from DC to see Jefferson Starship with me on Saturday in Charlottesville! I'm so excited! It's gonna be so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. Your 4th sounds great! I'm so glad you ended up having a good one. I thought about you yesterday, and I wish I could say I had a sack lunch for you, but I didn't. Something I ate yesterday tore up my stomach so I decided sack lunches wouldn't be the best idea. Seth had one for you though! I think you should go ahead and plan to come to Knoxville for Boomsday, and we can get Roo to come back too, and we'll have a big ole time on a roof :) Sound good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - That's a great idea about the online book club for all our far away friends!! We can each post invitations on our blogs, and have discussions on them too. I love this idea, and I'm already starting to think of books we could read. Let's start planning this!

    ReplyDelete