Monday, March 19, 2007

hits the nail on the head....and 9 is my lucky number....odd...

My score on The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test:

**************************************

9 - the Peacemaker

"you chose BX - your Enneagram type is NINE (aka "The Mediator")

"I am at peace"

Peacemakers are receptive, good-natured, and supportive. They seek union with others and the world around them.

How to Get Along with Me:
*If you want me to do something, how you ask is important. I especially don't like expectations or pressure.
*I like to listen and to be of service, but don't take advantage of this.
*Listen until I finish speaking, even though I meander a bit.
*Give me time to finish things and make decisions. It's OK to nudge me gently and nonjudgmentally.
*Ask me questions to help me get clear.
*Tell me when you like how I look. I'm not averse to flattery.
*Hug me, show physical affection. It opens me up to my feelings.
*I like a good discussion but not a confrontation.
*Let me know you like what I've done or said.
*Laugh with me and share in my enjoyment of life.


What I Like About Being a Nine:
*being nonjudgmental and accepting
*caring for and being concerned about others
*being able to relax and have a good time
*knowing that most people enjoy my company; I'm easy to be around
*my ability to see many different sides of an issue and to be a good mediator and facilitator
*my heightened awareness of sensations, aesthetics, and the here and now
*being able to go with the flow and feel one with the universe


What's Hard About Being a Nine:
*being judged and misunderstood for being placid and/or indecisive
*being critical of myself for lacking initiative and discipline
*being too sensitive to criticism; taking every raised eyebrow and twitch of the mouth personally
*being confused about what I really want
*caring too much about what others will think of me
*not being listened to or taken seriously

Nines as Children Often:
*feel ignored and that their wants, opinions, and feelings are unimportant
*tune out a lot, especially when others argue
*are "good" children: deny anger or keep it to themselves

Nines as Parents:
*are supportive, kind, and warm
*are sometimes overly permissive or nondirective

1 comment:

  1. I'm a 'four' The Individualist.

    Apparently I am "Unique" although I had a 33% chance of picking any of the other options which makes this test much like a horoscope: Vague.

    ReplyDelete