Monday, March 19, 2007

I Sold My Soul on Ebay

So back in 8th grade, I decided I wanted to be an actress. So I auditioned and got into my first play where I had a ton of fun and made some awesome friends. It was one of the happiest years of my teens, and really led me down a path of a lot of good times in high school and onward. One of the friends I made back then was Hemant Mehta, who, unfortunately, moved to Chicago the following summer. We've stayed in touch over the years through email mostly. He's definitely the smart, funny, Batman-esque man I knew he'd become. Recently, he held an auction on Ebay for the opportunity to send him, an atheist, to the church of the bidder's choosing to see if it would make a difference in his beliefs. The story won a lot of media attention (including Ham's picture on the cover of the Wall Street Journal and interviews on Fox News). So he has written a book about his experiences at several churches, and it is being released April 17. I haven't read it yet, but I'm sure it will be delightful and intellectually stimulating, and I'd like to go ahead and give it 5 stars. Here's a link to the book on amazon.com. I hear tell I'm mentioned briefly in the intro.....

No comments:

Post a Comment